Cliffe was awarded the main contractor for the development of Prospect Retail Park in Whitstable, Kent.
The contract included the construction of three retail units for lease to Marks and Spencer, Aldi and Home Bargains together with extensive section 278 works and a new car park.
The highway works included the following:
- Extensive section 278 work
- WIdening of road and form new site entrance
- Road improvements to existing roads approaching the retail site
- Resurface road and high friction surfacing
- Installation of new drainage
- Diversion of existing services
- White lining
- Traffic islands
- Brick retaining walls
- Street lighting
- Road signage
- Traffic signals
To see details of the construction of the three retail units, click here.